CASIA-HKUST Intelligent Recognition Joint Laboratory was established on 9th April, 2009. Both CASIA and HKUST have well known research teams domestic and abroad on research fields, such as pattern recognition, wireless sensor network and RFID. Since 2004, both sides have started a serious of cooperation in these fields for promoting communication and collaboration.
After the establishment, the laboratory will focus on solving several key problems:
- Segmentation of images and videos theoretically and technically;
- Feature extraction of statistical and structural pattern recognition;
- Statistical study on feature and classifier;
- Collection and transmission of efficient information based on wireless sensor networks;
- Accurate measurement and survey on environmental impact and relationship, benchmark testing isomerized RFID
- Scientific classification and evaluation of performance and consistency of RFID technology.